Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Challenge Weekly Update: Week #2

So after two weeks on my new health and fitness kick, I am officially down 6 lbs. Can I tell you how excited I am?

Things I learned this week:

  • Don't forget to eat
    I have a tendency to get so wrapped up in what I'm doing that I forget that I haven't had breakfast or lunch yet.
  • Add a protein rich snack to my afternoons
    Yesterday I was feeling dizzy, weak, tired. So a friend suggested to have a protein and carb snack. I had some peanut butter and a few triscuits and I felt so much better. Protein, it does a body good.
  • Starchy, fatty, fast food will affect the way you feel for more than 24 hrs
    On Saturday I just REALLY needed to get out of my house. So the girls and I went shopping and hung out on the North side of town. We went to L&L Drive-inn for lunch and let me tell you that Chicken Katsu, rice and mac salad with a Spam musubi chaser was great but... I felt it during Saturdays and Sundays workout. Won't be doing that again anytime soon.
  • Buying a new stability ball is cheaper than buying a new pump
    Strange but true. I went to Wally World to pick up a new pump for my stability ball (because I can't find my old one) and that sucker was $10. Curious, I walk over to the stability balls and find one for $9 that not only comes with a new pump but also an exercise chart. So being the cheap-o that I am, I save a whole dollar and bought a new stability ball.


So all in all a good week. I'm only down 2 more lbs but when I set up my challenge, I was aiming at 1 lb a week. So I think I'm doing pretty well for now.

What did I eat this week? Salads, sandwiches, cereal and whole wheat spaghetti. Not very interesting. A new goal for myself for this coming week is to actually plan out my meals and stick with them so that way at 6 pm I'm not scrabbling to figure out what to make for dinner.

No comments: