Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Twi-Hard or Why I Love Twilight

So I have been meaning to write this post for a while. I just didn't know how to reconcile the 16 year old groupie within to the 29 year old woman I'm supposed to be...



I LOVE THE TWILIGHT SAGA


Why do I love Twilight do you ask? It's a classic star-crossed love story with a twist. And please it has vampires in it. :) I love Stephenie Meyer's version of vampire lore. I absolutely love the underlying theme of redemption and salvation. I love her "vegetarian" vampires, the Cullen Family. The Cullens, strive to live a "good" life by ignoring their core desires, their evil vampire ways. In essence they are rebelling against their natural instincts (to hunt humans) in order to not be "monsters". I know lots of quotations right. But really isn't that what we all strive to do. If we all acted out of our own selfish desires and natural instincts where would we be? Add to this a sensual yet innocent kind of love story with a love triangle thrown in for good measure and the never ending battle between good and evil, and you have a winner in my book.

My favorite book thematically has to be Eclipse. I have to say that I am a total sucker for love triangles. But in the subtext category I have to say that I love New Moon. New Moon is all about true love and sacrifice and the theme of redemption is heavy in this book.

Plus and this is very sad, but I have to say that I have totally fallen in love with a fictional character. Oh Calgon and Edward Cullen take me away. :)



This is what happens when your husband leaves and all you have left is the fantasy world of books to keep you company late at night.

But in all seriousness I am totally Team Emmett.



I love his character in the book and I just love the actor who plays him. Emmett just seems like he would be a great guy to hang out with and so does Kellan. Have you watched his interviews? He just seems so down to earth. Plus he usually puts in some sort of shout out to the TwiMoms. Btw, I have joined Twilight Moms. So sad. I have a sickness I tell you what.

I don't own any of the images posted here. All images will link back to the original sites.

No comments: