Thursday, January 21, 2010

My 30 by 30 Challenge

So I have this new goal for myself right now. I want to lose 30 lbs by my 30th birthday which is about 6 months away...

I think I can do it. But then again, I have a tendency to start things but not finish them. Maybe that's why I'm blogging about this, to hold myself accountable.

For the last week or so I have been concentrating on eating well. And so we've (or I should say I) have been eating a lot of lean meats and fish, brown rice and salad. I have been attempting to satisfy my sweet tooth with fruits instead of sugary sweets. Well, unless that chocolate craving hits and then there really is no substitute for a chocolate chip cookie. I have "cheated" a couple times this week and my skin is paying the price.

Today I started my workout routine. Which I have to say I'm pretty pleased with. I got maybe 30 crunches in on my swiss ball and about 7 minutes worth of workout on my elliptical. Now that may not seem like a lot but for someone who hasn't worked out practically at all in the past several years, that is monumental. ;)

So join me. I'll be posting some of my frugal diet recipes and my weekly accomplishments. But right now, lunch is calling me.

2 comments:

Marygail said...

Good luck on your challenge. I turn 30 in Sep, so I need to join you..but then again I'm expecting a baby in May so it'll be hard. I found you because I was googling about malasadas in Colorado Springs and your blog post came up about attempting to make them at home. Did you ever get a chance to make them again? Just moved from Hawaii in July and I'm craving some malasadas, wondering if the ones at L&L were any good.

Kristi said...

Very cool. I'm so glad you found my site and congratulations on your upcoming addition!

I did try the malasada recipe I found and it turned out more like andagi. Not really what I wanted. I haven't gotten around to trying it again. I haven't actually tried the ones at L&L, I don't make it to that side of the Springs very often. But there is a restaurant in Fountain called An Nam that makes something very similar to malasadas (they just call them donuts). They are really good. But nothing can top Punahou Carnival malasadas in my book.