Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Been a Week

This last week has been interesting... With not going to work all week because of illness or just nothing for me to do and projectile vomiting small children to my increasing realization that I NEED happy pills, it's been a week.

With children who throw temper tantrums in stores (and I'm not talking about the almost 2 year old), it's been an interesting 7 days.

I have been making newborn hats (for a friend, not me, don't get any ideas) and burying myself in Bones reruns on Hulu. Thats my escapism. Going to the craft store and losing myself in yummy fabrics and daydreaming of all the projects I can make is also one of my loved forms of escapism...as long as I don't have screaming, pouty children with me.

Jeff officially told Kylie that she was no longer going to accompany me to stores unless I absolutely needed to go and I couldn't leave her with him. For the last couple of weeks, everytime I go into a store with her she throws a fit. Whether it's because I tell her that I'm not going to buy her anything or because I tell her that shes not allowed to hang off the handle on the shopping cart. Something will set her off and she will scream bloody murder in a store. Shes 5 so this is more embarrassing for me than when she was 3 and screaming in a store. When she was 3 people would excuse her and not throw me evil looks...all the time. Now shes 5 and she should be behaving better and not reacting this way to things so people tend to stare and look at me with judging faces. Then when we get home and she is punished for her outburst she tells me that I'm hurting her feelings. Oy Vay. Shes is really 5 going on 15. But the good news about this is, Jeff and I signed up for parenting classes through HeadStart last week. It's a free 16 week course for parents and their children. They teach the kids better behaviors while they are teaching the parents how to deal with the difficult behaviors. I am SO looking forward to this class.

On top of my rough week, a friend of mine lost a niece this weekend. My heart breaks for her family. Her sister-in-law tried for years to get pregnant. After a 7 year battle with infertility, they were finally blessed with a little girl. Unfortunately there were complications during delivery and the baby didn't make it. My heart just breaks for this family. I cried when I heard the news. So I know that compared to this incredible loss, my bad week is nothing.

But I just ask anyone who reads my blog, to pray for this family. Keep them in your prayers during this difficult time. Also please continue to pray for me and my family and we deal with our day to day.

No comments: