Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!

Thats how we say Happy New Year in Hawaii. :)

2008 has been a major year for ups and downs. Jeff got out the military, he was unemployeed for 3 months, we've been having marital issues, the kids have been butt heads... blah blah blah.

But you know what, I just know that 2009 is going to be a year of great things. I just feel it. Things are going to be so much better this year. Things are going to turn around.

I am not the type of person to make resolutions but, I am going to make 2009 a year of getting myself into a positive frame of mind. I'm going to mentally, figuratively, literally clear the clutter. I'm going to eat better (and smaller portions), I'm going to get more sleep and dust off my eliptical and finally start using it again. I am going to fit into my size 14 jeans again! I am going to foster my creativity and start my own business. I am going to make 2009 about becoming a better me so I can be a better wife, mother and friend. Cause you know when mom isn't happy ain't nobody happy. :)

So now that I have put that out for the world to see, it's now a contract with myself. I resolve to do these things. It may take all year and if it does its fine with me but I'm going to do it. I'm going to make 2009 a year to get my happiness back. It's been a long time since I have been truly happy. I am going find my happiness this year even if it takes until Dec 31st 1159pm...I'm going to do it daggummit!

What are your resolutions for this year?

No comments: