Monday, December 29, 2008

Matchy Matchy

Okay so I don't know if "matchy" is a word but, Kylie really wanted to buy her doll a dress today. But for the same price as it would cost to buy one doll dress, I could make her and her doll 2 sets of matching dresses. So I gave her the choice and she chose to have me make the dresses. Didn't they turn out great? Its a modified version of a pillowcase dress and I have to say that I like this version so much better than the regular pillowcase dress with the ribbon. The ones that you make with the ribbon are pretty and everything but you have to stress about making sure the ribbon is even on both sides, if they stretch while you are putting it on, you have to start again...its just drama. This version is so much easier and I think it looks so cute!

For Kylie's dress and her dolls dress (plus scrunchies for both) it just took one yard of fabric, a little bit of elastic, one package of bias tape and one package of ric-rac. It was pretty easy and I really like the results and from the look on Kylie's face, so does she! One down, one more to go! Tomorrow, I'm putting together her pink camouflage dress...oy! I have created a monster. :)

She wants to wear this tomorrow...as long as she has a jacket on I'm fine with it.

No comments: