Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catharsis

Crafting is so cathartic for me. Especially when it comes to sewing and crocheting. They are both so exact. They both require my complete focus and concentration. They both allow me to have a creative outlet that I so desperately need when times are rough. And both hobbies are fairly cheap. Great when you are on a tight budget (This entire dress cost me well under $5.00). Plus they both offer a sense of accomplishment. When I am feeling like I keep treading water and I'm not going anywhere crafting helps me feel like I'm actually productive. That I'm actually finishing something and it looks great.

This is my very first pillow case dress. I made it for Kylie's birthday. She wanted a special dress to wear for her birthday and not having much money, I decided to make her one. I found some great instructions online and a very nice person forwarded me the pattern for the arm holes and I plodded ahead. I think it turned out pretty well. I am very proud of myself. Kylie picked out the fabric and I created it. I can't stop looking at the dress and let me tell you when I put it on her, she just glowed. I'm also in the process of creating them sister Christmas dresses with the same pattern. I have a great plain red fabric for the top and the bottom is going to be this blue background bell pattern with the word "joy" all over it. Its going to be great! I can't wait to finish them.

Don't worry I did get them turtle necks to go under their dresses. Its winter for crying out loud you know! ;)

No comments: