Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gingerbread Latte

Today on Crockpot 365, the Crockpot Lady made some Gingerbread Lattes.

It sounded good to me. I hadn't had my coffee yet but,

#1. Like ground ginger...in moderation

#2. I already had some cider going in my crockpot.

#3. I like my coffee sweet.

and

#4. I would be the only one drinking it so I know that I didn't need to make a whole lot of it

so this is how I adjusted her recipe:

Gingerbread Latte

2 C milk
1/2 C sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Put all ingredients into a saucepan. Heat the saucepan on high and start whisking your ingredients. Heat on high for 5 minutes or until the milk is warmed through, the spices are fragrant and the mixture is nice and frothy.

In a coffee mug mix

1/2 tbsp instant coffee
3/4 C water

stir to combine

Pour 1 C of hot milk mixture over your coffee and stir to combine.

Garnish with whipped cream and ground nutmeg or cinnamon if desired.

Enjoy.


This came out so YUMMY! Let me tell you. I think this might beat out eggnog now as my holiday drink of choice. Its rich and warming with just a little hint of ginger and just a little ginger heat on the back of your throat as you sip away. This would be fabulous with those Choco-Orange Cookies I posted about yesterday.

No comments: