Friday, December 19, 2008

Building Sentences and Learning to Read

So I have been trying to work with Kylie and her reading skills. Lately we have been playing a game either in the car or with our fridge magnets where I sound out a word and she spells it. Its been working pretty well I have to say but I found this online the other day as I was surfing around blogland.

You really have to take a look at that website. Its fabulous!

Anywho, so I decided that I could make one. Unfortunately, I don't have magnets or a magnet board. I also don't have a laminator but I do have felt so this is what I made.



The words go along with a beginning reader story she has called "We Jump". I added some words because the book is pretty simple but she is very excited now that she has it.

Today is the official start of Christmas break so, its definitely a tool that we are going to use for the next two weeks! I'll update on her progress as we go along.

No comments: