Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh Pastor Joel, Why Do You Convict Me So?

Okay, so every time I have a revelation about my bad day and post it here, I open my email to find my daily devotional from Joel Osteen Ministries. Here was today's devotional:

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31, NIV


I do put my faith in the Lord...most days. It's rough for me to be completely in faith 24/7, 365. But most days I do have faith. When I am in a big funk, it tends to be harder to have faith. On those days I don't have faith in myself, much less anyone or anything else.

But I know, how important it is to have faith. Without faith, you cannot accomplish anything. And I'm not just talking about faith in God, I'm talking about faith in general. If you don't have faith in yourself, will you start a business, a project, anything? No. Probably not. So faith is important no matter what we do. But I put my faith in a higher power. I put my faith in the One, the Alpha and the Omega. He numbers my steps. He guides my way. I put my faith in God to deliver me from my current circumstances and bring me out a better person.

No comments: