Saturday, April 4, 2009

Da Bunny Da Bunny Oh I Love Da Bunny

Yeah okay, sorry. We watch far too much Veggie Tales around here. But I do love this little bunny that I made.

Isn't he cute? His name is Cletus. I'm sure his name will change though once he is gifted to one of the lucky little girls in my house for Easter. I still have to make his brother Bob for the other little girl in my house.

But I really do think they will like him. He is based on a pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. You need to sign up for an account to access the pattern. But the accounts are free and you gain access to all kinds of free patterns. This particular pattern is called "Best Bunny". Isn't he cute?

I did make a couple alterations to the pattern however. The head and body are one piece. The pattern suggested to make the head first and then the body. The thought of sewing the body to the head just didn't thrill me so I made it all one piece by following the body pattern in reverse. Also the hands were supposed to be 6 count single crochet all the way around. I did the initial 6 count single crochet and increased it to 8 on the second row and continued that all the way up. I think they look better that way. Also I shortened the ears a bit. By then I was tired of crocheting and did 23 instead of 26 rows. I also didn't crochet a tail like the pattern suggested. I did a pom pom tail. But I think he is adorable. If you understand what I just said...more power to you. :)

He didn't take me that long to make. Maybe 1.5 - 2 hours give or take. He will make a sweet addition to any Easter basket! I hope if you are handy with an H hook, you give him a try.

No comments: