Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Monotony of it All

I am bored. Oh so bored. Lately, my life seems like it's a never ending carousel of sameness. Nothing changes. Nothing is different. Nothing is exciting. My day is usually this:

Wake up
Get Ready
Wake up Kylie
Make Sure Kylie gets ready
Make Breakfast for Kylie
Take Kylie to school
Go to work (or come home and then make Kaitlynn breakfast and then get on Facebook while Kaitlynn plays and watches cartoons)
Pick Kylie from school. This is where the teacher usually tells me about what Kylie did wrong that day.
Come home and make Kaitlynn lunch and Kylie a snack.
Put Kaitlynn down for a nap
Wash dishes
Kaitlynn gets up and I change her diaper
Break up a fight
Play on Facebook
Break up a fight
Punish one or both of my children.
Make dinner
Shuffle the kids out of the kitchen while I make dinner
Watch TV
Tell my kids 10x that they need to stop playing with each other and go to sleep.
Watch TV while I play on Facebook
Go to bed.

Everyday, is exactly the same. Unless it's the weekend and then you can just omit taking Kylie to school and picking her up and add in a couple more "Break up a fight".

The monotony makes me nutty. We don't go anywhere or do anything. Going places (even to free events) costs money in some way because well...gas is not free. Everyday is the same. Some days there is laundry to do. Some days there is mopping and on Sundays we go to church.

My new favorite phrase lately has been "I hate my life" and you know what I do. I am sick of it being so darn boring. But right now, I don't know what I can really do to change it. There is no money to do anything. I have managed to stretch one tank of gas for about a week and a half now.

I just need some (good) excitement. Something to motivate me and give me a good swift kick in the butt. But right now, nothing excites me and I'm short tempered all the time.

Yes, I'm grateful for what I do have. I am grateful that I can still feed my family every day. That we still have a roof over our head. There are a lot of people who can't even claim that. But the sameness of it all is driving me insane.

Well, for now I'll take solace in a large marshmallow brownie and Bones. Oh David Boreanz, take me away. :)

No comments: