Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Late Night Thoughts: What's On My Mind Now

So it's late, but I have been ignoring my blog lately. I've had a lot of things on my mind and have thus been immersing myself in Facebook frivolity and trying to think out the million and one thoughts swimming around in my head. Btw, don't join facebook, don't play bejeweled blitz or mafia wars. Facebook is evil.

There are just so many things I need to get done. Easter is two weeks away and I still have not done the girls Easter Dresses or presents. I am attempting to make this. I often have lofty ambitions so we shall see if this comes to fruition. I haven't even started putting it together, but I did buy all the fabric for it so that's a start.

I have spent all day on Facebook when there are so many other productive things I should be doing. Like cleaning the house, going through stuff in the basement, washing dishes, baking bread, I could go on. Facebook is a colossal waste of my time. But it's so distracting and that's what I need most of the time.

I am tired of having creditors call me, but until we have the money to pay them off, I guess I'll just have to deal with the phone calls.

Jeff needs to lose 5 inches off his waist before he can get back in. Oy vay! I have no idea what we are going to do until then. I guess we'll just have to figure it out.

We still have not come up with the money to pay our mortgage. This is a to be continued thing. I have to talk to my investment planner to see what the penalties are for withdrawing from my retirement account. This is something I really don't want to do but when you are stuck, you need to find a way out.

Bonus, I finally figured out what I wanted. My boss and I were having a conversation. They are following the teachings of "The Secret". Since they started just a couple of weeks ago, they have been crossing a lot of things off their dream list. They are even buying a new house, they move in Thursday. Let me tell you it was nearly impossible for them to buy a house. New lending laws and all but everything fell into place and they are moving. I am unpacking the office Friday. So that inspired me. I'm not one to follow something like "The Secret". But the bible shares many of the same teachings. So I am going to "become what you believe" (Matthew 9:29, The Message). I have yet to make a list. Maybe I'll do it here on the blog and you can follow my progress. That makes me accountable.

I want to make a new purse. I saw this pattern online. It would make a perfect Easter purse don't you think? I just have to find some kind of closure for it. I already purchased the fabric out of the remnant bin at Walmart. It's this really pretty vintage white/off white fabric. I'll post pictures "if" I ever get to it.

I need to clean and organize my sewing area. Right now it's currently occupying the entire dining room table. I would ideally like to have a dedicated sewing space but that is not an option right now. I would love to have it in my basement but alas there are no available outlets down there and it's unfinished. So this is another work in progress. I just have to figure out where best to store all of my sewing stuff where it is accessible and out of the way. Hmmm... More thoughts on this to come.

So as you can tell this is a very random to do list really. But it's what has been on my mind and what has been keeping me from posting. I start thinking about everything that I need to do and everything that's bugging me and all the topics I want to blog on and nothing gets done. Story of my life. So bear with me in the next few weeks as I work through some of my "stuff"..

Oh and look for a new blog post coming soon. I have a desire in my heart to write about being the queen of denial when it comes to pregnancy. No I'm not pregnant right now. Thank God. Knock on wood. But it's something that has been on my heart to put down in words. That will be coming soon to a blog post near you.

P.S. Oh and please forgive me for any spelling or grammar errors. It's late, I'm tired and I don't feel like proof reading. Stream of consciousness is so much better if not proof read. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Good night and so long!

No comments: