Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Kylie had her first official visit to the dentist today. A visit that started with a routine exam and ended with cavities being filled and a tooth being pulled.

As I watched her small little body in the dental chair I was nervous. This was her first trip to the dentist, I didn't want her to be scarred for life. I didn't want her to be afraid of the dental chair. Here was this little, tiny girl in this huge chair with a drill in her mouth and she was...singing!

Yep, that's right, my daughter was singing and making motor boat noises to the amusement of the dentist and his assistant.

I personally hate the dentist. I don't like having other people put their hands in my mouth. My dentist was a nice enough guy but not the most gentle personality. The dentist that Kylie saw today was great. Great demeanor. Great sense of humor. Great bedside manor.

This potentially horrific dental visit, turned into a fun time for Kylie. If I hadn't known better, I would have sworn that they gave her some nitrous oxide. But no, she was genuinely chipper through out the entire visit and I swear even with all the instruments in her mouth, she still tried to talk the dentist's ear off. She is so my child.

But now she has a whole new smile. She really doesn't like it. She says that she will never smile again. I don't know how true that is going to be. But she is fascinated by the hole in her mouth.

No comments: