Friday, February 20, 2009

Putting the Tiny Person to Bed.

I just got through putting Kaitlynn to bed. Lemme just tell you how this went tonight.

First it started with a bath. I asked her, "Do you want a bath?" She replies, "Jes, bat (Yes, bath). Jes, bat. Yay!" And proceeds to run off to the bathroom attempting to take off her diaper.

At the bathroom door she asks, "My potty. Potty." So I ask her, "Do you want to sit on the potty?" To which she replies, "Jes, potty. Jes, potty. Yay!"

So I take off her diaper while she continues to chant, "Jes, potty. Yay!" And then plop her down on the potty. She looks at me with a huge smile on her face and says "Potty, Yay!". She sat there for about 3 minutes and made pushing noises. Announces, "Poopy. Potty. Yay!" and then tells me "Dun". So I pull her off the potty and... There nothing in there. Ha ha fooled you. :)

Then I plop her into the bathtub and proceed to scrub her down and then let her play for a while. After about 10 minutes, she was already starting to shake and her lips were turning blue. I told her it was time to get out. "Time to get out" was immediate followed by wild crying and screaming. She loves her bath time. She did not want to get out even if she turned into a blue popsicle. So I pull the screaming mass out of the bathtub and take her to the bedroom to get her ready for bed.

After wiping her up, lotioning her up (shes got eczema on her legs again) and putting a new diaper on her, I put her pjs on. As I'm zipping up her pjs, she looks at me and says, "No wanna go bed." I look her in the eyes and say, "It's bed time. You need to go to bed." This was answered with a "Hmpf." Then she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. ROLLED HER EYES! SHES 2! Kylie didn't start rolling her eyes at me until she was at least 3 1/2. Why does the second child grow up so much faster than the first child. And why is it that they pick up the attitude first?

Okay so I thought this was a good story. Jeff says I don't get to my point fast enough. Ha, well I guess for once, I proved him right.

2 comments:

mosaica said...

Girlfriend, I know you're frugal, but seriously a girl should be able to take a 10 minute bath without having her lips turn blue!!! ;)

Kristi said...

Honey I'm not frugal, I'm cheap! LOL! It was actually 69 in the house when I gave her a bath. Shes really sensitive to temperature. She overheats quickly and gets cold quickly. I was actually joking with Jeff that her back is a little hairier than normal. It's her "winter coat". :)