Thursday, February 12, 2009

How Much Do You Really Have to Spend to Have a Great Birthday?

My littlest turned two today. Oh how does time fly. But even before Jeff was laided off, I wanted to see if I could take the handmade challenge and go totally mommy made for her birthday. Her birthday budget just like Kylies was $40.00 and I was WELL under budget going all handmade and I ended up making her a TON of things. Just take a look.



One of the dress sets purchased at a store would have cost me $20.00 just by itself. But I was able to make all this for under $20.00! Yep you heard me under $20.00. It just took a lot of time and patience and research and she had a very blessed birthday if I do say so myself. :)

Her sister even got in on the act and made her a coloring book.



Unfortunately, Jeff is not crafty. But he enjoyed watching me make the presents. Oh and making fun of me everytime I screamed when I pricked my finger. He throughly enjoyed that.

Doesn't the birthday girl look happy? And thats the most important thing right?



Happy Birthday My Love! I hope that you felt spoiled and adored on your 2nd birthday!

No comments: