Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bill Cosby Was Right.

You ever see that Bill Cosby special "Bill Cosby Himself"? I love it. I have it on DVD. I always found it funny but never as true as I have since I became a parent.

In his special Bill Cosby said that all children are brain damaged. Raising two girls, I believe it! This past week has been so challenging with both of them. I don't know if its the cold weather or what but the have just been really special this week. My reaction to their behavior would have to be another analogy from Bill Cosby's special. He described an incident when he said that his wife got mad. He said that her eyes rolled back in her head, and fire shot of of them. Yep, that would be me this past week.

Neither one of them want to listen. Neither one of them want to play nicely with each other. Neither one of them wants to clean up after themselves. But, they both want to scream at the top of their lungs All. The. Time.

Today we had to lower Kaitlynn's crib because I put her in her crib for a nap and I walk by and shes sitting on her bookcase. Yeah, it was that kinda day. I was called to Kylie's school today because she was running a very slight temperature and complaining of stomach pains but when she got home, not only did she not want to rest, she wanted to keep her sister from resting as well. She kept her and her sister up through nap time and when we removed Kylie from the room, Kaitlynn promptly fell asleep. Yeah, it was that kinda day.

I just get so frustrated and I have no idea what to do anymore. I accept that kids just like adults have rough days and then have much better days. I totally accept that. But the things my girls have been doing lately; lying, disobedience, fighting, coloring on furniture and walls, telling me off...that's just not okay. And most of the time, I am just too tired to deal with them and Jeff's solution is to scream at the kids. Neither one is very productive or very constructive.

I think a lot of this behavior has to do with me working so much these past couple of weeks. I haven't had much time to spend with them or much attention to give out. But right now, I feel like I'm in burn out mode extreme and I am just tired. I know that I need to give them more attention. But I think before I can sufficiently care for their needs I really need to take care of my own. I am burnt out. I have no motivation to do anything right now. I just want to sit and watch TV or sleep all day. I have been so busy for so long that I'm just tired of it. I am tired of my daily routine and I think that I'm really tired of being taken for granted by my family. I just don't know how to snap out of it. Maybe a massage? Hmmm.... I should really call Julie and get that free massage. She is in massage school after all and needs someone to practice on. Now where did I put her number?

No comments: