Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Mommy, My Stomach Hurts"

So yesterday I talked about having to pick Kylie up from school because she was complaining about stomach pains. Well, today I found out why she was having those stomach pains.

I didn't have to work today. I was rudely awoken this morning to, "Mommy Kaitlynn is eating M&Ms and she has chocolate all over her".

Now this is before my morning cup of coffee so at first I didn't register what Kylie had just said. Then I started thinking about where Kaitlynn got the M&Ms from. All of the candy is up on top of the kitchen cabinets. No way did anyone climb up there to get it. So I ask Kylie where the candy came from. Kylie says "From under her pillow". Right there I knew it was a lie. We had just literally torn apart Kaitlynn's crib yesterday to lower her mattress another rung. So I knew there was absolutely NO candy under her pillow. I would have scene it.

I walk into the girl's room and first thing I see is a naked baby. Kylie decided that since Kaitlynn got chocolate on her PJs that she would strip her down. Lovely. So as I'm putting a diaper on Kaitlynn, I question Kylie about where the candy came from. She keeps insisting from under Kaitlynn's pillow. Yeah right. Well then I look her right in the eyes and say, "So, where's the candy YOU were eating this morning?"...

That's when Kylie's eyes went wide and she got that "Oh crap" look on her face. She looked at her feet and lifted up her pillow.

There under her pillow was a treasure trove of empty candy boxes and wrappers and an empty box of skittles gum. Yep gum. She thought they were regular skittles. I picked up the box and looked at her and asked her when she ate them. She told me, "Yesterday before you and Daddy got up". NICE!

Well, now I know why her stomach hurt. And now I know why she didn't want to eat her breakfast. She ate an ENTIRE box of gum. Hmmm....

So she stood in the corner this morning for probably over an hour. The rule in my house (for her) is that you have to be quiet for at least 5 minutes in the corner before you can be let out. Well she sat there and screamed. When she was done with that she stomped her feet. When she was done with that she told me that she was ready to listen. And when she was done with that she screamed some more. Again, all this before my morning cup of coffee.

Oh Calgon take me away.

I told her before she went to stand in the corner that she was going to stand there for lying and for sneaking candy. Oh that girl!

Shes going to be 5 soon. Isn't that the magical age where things are supposed to start getting better behavior wise?

If not, sign me up for an extended vacation back to Hawaii!

No comments: