Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Inspirational Verse for Today

So I'm going to attempt to post a new verse everyday. I was thinking about it yesterday and it dawned on me that the days I focus on the Lord and his word, are much better days. I think this was mostly a "duh" moment. I mean that should be obvious.

Well this is my verse for today:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV


If you are a believer, this is such an encouraging verse I have been having so many issues lately with the girls and just a lot of dissatisfaction in my own life. I feel lonely. I miss having friends to hang out with on a daily basis. I guess I mostly am missing human interaction. Jeff is not one for human interaction lately. Hes been drawing into himself a lot. And I guess I have been too. I have been spending a lot of time by myself in my bedroom. I have no motivation to be or do anything right now. I just am.

I think I get bogged down too much with the day to day. In fact I know I get bogged down to much with the day to day, and I personally think I may still have a mild depression going on, but with no medical care right now, hey whatcha gonna do right? Things are not roses and sunshine. But that falls back to what Dr. Mike says a lot, "Real Christians have Real Problems." Things do not become better instantaneously once you submit your life to Christ. But it's like what I said in older posts, it's not your situation, its your attitude about your situation. I am working on my attitude. I am trying to live my life one day at a time. I am trying to give my worries to God. I am trying to be joyful despite my circumstances but that is SO. DARN. HARD. It's hard to look past the seen and into the eternal here after. It's hard to have joy despite your circumstances and for a control freak like me it's hard to give everything to God and know not just hope, things will turn out okay. It's hard.

I have a desire in my heart to get involved in a prayer group again. I miss being apart of a small bible study and prayer group. I have a desire to seek out a Christian mentor. Not just any mentor but someone who walks the walk. Jesus said that you will know a tree by its fruit. Many of the Christians I have known, talked a good talk but didn't walk the walk.

But I know that if God puts a desire in your heart, its for a reason. So I'm going to work on being more spiritually minded. I'm going to work on looking past my natural circumstances and trusting that God will take care of my needs.

I'm working on it...

No comments: