Monday, November 10, 2008

Contagious Attitude

Good Morning!

So I kinda touched on the topic of attitudes yesterday and it got me thinking about who's attitude I would like to "catch".

My youngest daughter Kaitlynn has the best attitude...well most of time. She is almost 2 after all.

I'm really going to try to be like her when it comes to some things.

Shes always so thrilled about the smallest things. Literally and figuratively. She absolutely just loves to see my "horse". I play that "My Farm" game on Facebook and I have a horse on my farm. Just seeing the horse on the computer screen thrills her to no end. She gets so excited when she sees this tiny cgi horse. I wish I could be like that. Granted small things do thrill me (like gas prices dropping another 2 whole cents here in Fountain) but, mostly and especially when it comes to my husband, I need a large display of something to make me happy.

I need to get back to just loving the small stuff. Being so appreciative of the little things. Nothing gets by Kaitlynn unappreciated and I just want to be more like that. But, when my day is crappy, I don't always see the little things. I don't always appreciate that picture that Kylie drew for me because shes being annoying. I don't appreciate the fact that Jeff finally said "Thank You". Instead of being mad at him for all the times that he didn't say it.

And speaking bibically, God wants us to acknowledge Him. We don't always acknowledge the way that God works in our lives. I need to be more receptive to that. God, like everyone else loves His props. Just thinking from my earthly perspective, I hate it when I do something and I don't get acknowledged for it. So I'm working on that not just from a spiritual perspective but an earthly one as well.

Kaitlynn also makes those around her feel really special because of her attitude. I just love it when she sees me. Her face lights up and she says "Momma", like she hasn't seen me in years and being that shes almost 2 that's a big deal. ;) How many times have I seen someone that I haven't seen for a while and been nonchalant about it? I want to make those around me feel as special as I do when I walk in the door to Kaitlynn's bright shining face.

But, its not so easy to do that. Its hard to feel out when people are receptive to that kind of response you know. Not everyone appreciates that. But, maybe I should do it anyways just because. Plus, when you aren't in the mood for anything, its easy just to dismiss someone.

I guess that's what it all comes down to though. Changing my attitude right. Trying to turn the "mood" into a good one and not a gloomy one. Cause really, who wants to hang around with a gloomy person all day, right?

Its something that isn't going to happen overnight. But I do live in the "why me" a lot. I need to stop that. Its not good for me, my blood pressure or those around me.

I'm going to resolve to work on that. If I change my attitude, I know that things will get better. Not because they are better but because I perceive them to be better. Like that second family in the PW story.

No comments: